[peel] 'Wish I was a fighting man'

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Sun Jun 21 10:41:11 CEST 2009

Its a pleasure -

Steve - if you want to put my comments on the listing I gave you to the wiki - or as a first response to this posting - I'd be grateful.

Didn't spot that Broken Dog track was a Session - or that Clinton and Cornershop are one and the same - thought they sounded familiar but wasn't a big fan of Cornershop. I think this version of the band is brilliant - should I go back and listen to Cornershop?

The link to the Lassie folk doesn't seem to work - you did better than me at tracking them down. The biscuits track are truly "supreme in all the world" with 24 Hour Garage People truly magnificent with links back to Leadbelly and Lonnie Donegan for all to hear! I always thought they were undervalued for their musical ability - the genius of the lyrics obscures their music-making

Pleased to help build the Peelenium - but I'm afraid that is my only contribution ...

Mark

________________________________
From: Steve <so_it_goes_2512@....uk>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 21 June, 2009 7:37:06 AM
Subject: [peel] 'Wish I was a fighting man'

Fellow Peelites

The long-promised re-rip from Mark is finally available, and it's a mixtape to treasure.

Mixtape title: Peelenium 47 and 54 1999
Session tracks by: Half Man Half Biscuit, Broken Dog
Wiki page: http://peel. wikia.com/ wiki/Peelenium_ 47_and_54_ 1999

He has sent me more links to some great stuff which I will share with you in due course. Thanks, Mark!

Best wishes
Steve [TK]