[peel] Cheap cassette player for ripping?

Roger Carruthers unity.gain@...
Sat Jul 25 19:20:30 CEST 2009

As far as the 400 box is concerned, I have to agree that for such a large
number of tapes, and given that a lot of them are not exactly pristine
recordings, it’s a lot to expect everyone to be making azimuth adjustments.
There’s no guarantee that they were all recorded on the same machine, so to
be effective, you’d have to be doing it for every tape!
 It’s taken me long enough as it is to do my share, and to be honest for all
the difference it was making, I decided to drop the azimuth adjustments some
time ago.
 After all, we’re a just group of volunteers doing this in our spare time,
not paid archivists with nothing else to do all day.
 I’m guessing that most of us here are of an age where our hearing ain’t
what it was, we’d probably rather get our hands on the recordings before it
got any worse!
Cheers
Roger