JP plays Duran Duran...really

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Fri Jul 3 22:40:53 CEST 2009

Thanks - great to be able to relive my yoof !

The 'Original Mirrors' (awful name) actually included the singer out of the great "Deaf School" (too lazy to google his name) who later became a record company mogul (cf Feargal Sharkey) ........

Tommy Vance played a Duran song on a 1981 show and said he loved it.
Their first album is quite new-wavey I think - I liked 'Planet Earth' and quite liked 'Girls on Film'.

Peely also played a (very) early Def Leppard track. Sadly, both Duran and the Leps desparately sought dollars soon after .......

Regrads,
Rob Monkhouse