[peel] Re: Peel Night part one - "Not Arf!"

Thomas Blatchford tabdrinkink74@...
Fri Jan 30 23:20:09 CET 2009

<<so good, old Jo Whiley (born 1965) remembers the Led Zep session
(1969)... You gotta larf .....(or be annoyed at the deception).. .>>

That's Mary Anne Hobbs...i think she's a bit older.

Thanks for the rip Ken!

________________________________
From: thebarguest <thebarguest@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 30 January, 2009 19:58:20
Subject: [peel] Re: Peel Night part one - "Not Arf!"

Wow - I've just listened to this and it's better than I hoped for !

There's a great mix of styles - Led Zep, dance/techno, Thin Lizzy,
The Damned, The Fall, some interesting archive clips from the 40's
and John himself talking about his childhood near Liverpool.

That modern version of "I Only Have Eyes For You" is hypnotic !

This was around the time that media producers played that silly
game of making "celebrities" pretend to be 10 years older so they
could 'remember' participating in various youth cults/fashions -
so good, old Jo Whiley (born 1965) remembers the Led Zep session
(1969)... You gotta larf .....(or be annoyed at the deception).. .

Thanks again - it's a great quality 'rip'...

Thanks also to the Gooner for the 68 stuff !

Regrads,
Henry Goss-Custard

--- In peel@yahoogroups. com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@ ...> wrote:

> oops, it was of course TX the night after, Tuesday 31 August 1999,
I think - k

> --- In peel@yahoogroups. com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@ > wrote:
> >

> > OK so here's the first hour (of six!) of the 60th birthday
celebrations from Maida Vale on
> the
> > night of 30 August 1999 - and the first 3 voices, Fluff, Kevin
Greening, and Peel - all now