[peel] Re: 1986/87 Festive 50s and Ken's Book

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Thu Jan 29 21:47:01 CET 2009

> <<Peel says that tomorrow's sessions are from the Fall, The Farm>>

Makes sense that he would play these together in their entirety - at the time
they were pretty much his favourite bands, and this was his last show before
Christmas - a little present for the listeners. (as well as maybe hitting the
road back to Peel acres a little early for his Christmas break - ever noticed
that Pete Tong's Essential selection on a Friday night always ends with a
25-minute hotmix - this is because he pre-records his closing announcement and is
on his way to Heathrow or maybe Leicester by the time the show ends - Friday
nights being half the week's income for the jobbing club DJ)

Peelie didn't often play entire sessions en bloc - off the top of my head I
think he did for Joy Division, and Nirvana - after the deaths of their
respective frontmen - and of course The Fall ones that time he played every Fall
session to date.

<< Re: Help needed dating a Peel Show>>

Just ask it out, man - it can only say no    ;-)

Rocker