[peel] Identify the tape

Jimmy Stepek jimmystep@...
Thu Jan 22 16:34:27 CET 2009

The Mod-ettes - 4th February 1980 (Re-Post)

The Mo-dettes began in London in 1979. An all girl punk band who never quite achieved the stautus they deserved. Their first release was a seven inch single called "White Mice" released on their own "Mode" label in 1979. Another five singles followed through the course of 1980/81 and one album "The Story So Far" which if you believed the music press at the time was weak. Listening to the album today though proves a rewarding experience. It easily stands up against anything from The Slits, The Raincoats or any of their peers.The Mo-dettes recorded three peel session of which this was the first. The second session was broadcast on 29/9/1980 and the final on 21/7/1981.

Taken from;

http://theperfumedgarden.blogspot.com/2007/01/mod-ettes-4th-february-1980-re-post.html

Don't have the book handy either!

Cheers...Jimmy