[OT] [Altrok] Update #222: Support Your Local Web Station!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Wed Jan 21 14:29:58 CET 2009

We've spent a lot of time keeping up with the demise of G Rock Radio (there's much more at altrokradio.com if you're reading this via email) but we've also got to keep focused on our primary reason for being; new music and alternative classics.  Here's the particulars:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that. And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

And in the interest of keeping you interested...we've got songs to let you know about.

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - School Of Seven Bells
 - Fight Like Apes
 - The Cure
 - Love Is All
 - The Hundred In The Hands
 - White Lies

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
 - Detachments - Fear No Fear
 - The Good Natured - Warriors
 - HTRK - Ha!
 - I (heart) Hiroshima - Surgery
 - Its A Buffalo - Marbles
 - Japanese Motors - Regrets A Paradise
 - Little Comets - One Night In October
 - Monsters Are Waiting - I Wanna Be Adored
 - Skint and Demoralised - The Thrill Of Thirty Seconds
 - The Soft Pack - Nightlife
 - Vivian Girls - Where Do You Run To
 - Wintersleep - Archaeologists
 - The Wonder Stuff - Ten Trenches Deep

Our Newly-Added Classics:

 - Devo - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
 - Thomas Dolby - Flying North (High Altitude Extended Play)
 - Stephen 'Tin Tin' Duffy - Kiss Me
 - Icehouse - We Can Get Together
 - The Jam - Absolute Beginners
 - Killing Joke - Love Like Blood (Gestalt Mix)
 - New Musik - Sanctuary
 - Sonic Youth - 100%
 - U2 - Stories For Boys

And don't forget the R/SYN Underground night, every Saturday at the Corner Tavern in New Brunswick, where Drew and IronMike keep you dancing with the most advanced playlist this side of the Atlantic (and where, occasionally, yours truly might show up and spin a coupla tracks...ya never know.)

Plus: the Melody Bar Reunion at the New Brunswick Elks, Saturday, February 21.  Book a room at the Hyatt Regency for only $99 that night, and get your Mel on.  (Melon?)

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night