ken garner ken_garner@...
Sun Jan 18 23:40:02 CET 2009

It is quite possible I am experiencing the normal aging process, but that was not why the
MDC mistake in layout crept into the latter book. It might shock some members of the list,
but I do not have a personal memory in my brain of every single peel session. The
formatting error with the MDC occurred when I converted my completely new data
spreadsheets to word, I missed MDC needing a new para then, spotted it on the proof,
but, as I said, it was too late to change. IN short, while there were many errors and
omissions in IST that I corrected for TPS, it's true there were a (gratifyingly) smaller
number of entirely new errors in sessions from 67-92 in TPS, created incidentally,
inevitably, as part of the creation of  a new database from editing the old one and adding
in about 1400 new ones from 92 onwards. These things simply happen with data. The first
thing the publisher Mathew told me, when I said what I was determined to do, was "There
will be mistakes in it, whatever you do". At least MDC are in there, even if they are hard to
spot! This is a risky thing to say, but it's now 16 months since publication, and although
my master copy is covered in handwritten tiny amendments of titles, names, notes of
omitted titles or even misattribution (the Michael / Roger Chapman conflation, doh!), I
don't think anyone has bought to my attention an entire session that I have missed out
completely. Although there is one in there that should not be!