1994

lorcan58 lorcan58@...
Wed Jan 14 21:15:08 CET 2009

I have reasonably good stuff for 95 and 96, some less good stuff for
93 and nothing at all for 92 I'm afraid. Maybe you have a few
scribbled sheets of your own that you could contribute? :-)

I know what you mean about the memories though - I especially tend to
recognise a sequence of 2 or 3 records and sometimes think I can
remember the comment he made between the tracks. First sign of
insanity, I'm sure...

Lorcan

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "taleoftwolives" <taleoftwolives@...>
wrote:

> Was just going to add a huge thanks Lorcan for this... I was
studying
> 94 very intensely last night - will 92/93 be forthcoming at some
> point? (I don't want to make that sound ungrateful btw, just
> enquiring).
>
> I remember back in the day desperately awaiting the Ceefax listings
> to be updated every week - usually if I didn't quite catch an ID of
> tune fast enough when scribbing it down at 1 in the morning!
>
> What's really weird, is that despite being over 10 years ago,
looking
> at some of the 94 playlists, I can remember parts of the shows in
> their running order of play like yesterday!
>

> > That's very kind of you Eddie.
> >
> > But it wouldn't have been possible without the dedication of
> > listeners who painstakingly scribbled down the listings night
after
> > night for years on end and then preserved them until they could
be
> > used.
> >
> > And I'm also indebted to everyone in this group for breathing
life
> > back into the John Peel Show in a way I wouldn't have imagined
was
> > possible. Different people are contributing in different ways but
> the
> > combined result is greater than the sum of the parts and is
> something
> > I'm proud to be involved with, even in a small way.
> >
> > Lorcan
> >
> > --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Eddie Duffy <eddie.duffy@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Very nice work, Lorcan: much appreciated!
> > >
> > > I've used your page loads in the past and it's great people are
> > putting
> > > so much good work into the archive.
> > >
> > > Eddie.

> > excitement