1994

lorcan58 lorcan58@...
Mon Jan 12 23:34:46 CET 2009

That's very kind of you Eddie.

But it wouldn't have been possible without the dedication of
listeners who painstakingly scribbled down the listings night after
night for years on end and then preserved them until they could be
used.

And I'm also indebted to everyone in this group for breathing life
back into the John Peel Show in a way I wouldn't have imagined was
possible. Different people are contributing in different ways but the
combined result is greater than the sum of the parts and is something
I'm proud to be involved with, even in a small way.

Lorcan

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Eddie Duffy <eddie.duffy@...> wrote:

> Very nice work, Lorcan: much appreciated!
>
> I've used your page loads in the past and it's great people are
putting
> so much good work into the archive.
>
> Eddie.
>
> lorcan58 wrote:
> >
> > Well, I don't expect this message to be greeted with the
excitement
> > that heralds the arrival of a batch of newly-digitised tapes, but
> > I've just completed typing up the playlists for (virtually) the
whole
> > of 1994. It comes in at almost 37,000 words and took far, far
longer
> > than I had expected.
> >
> > You can see the results of my efforts at
> > http://www.avistic.demon.co.uk <http://www.avistic.demon.co.uk>
> >
> > In its heyday the avistic website was updated on a (sort of)
weekly