Video Jukebox

bty997881 roger.carruthers@...
Wed Jan 7 16:33:48 CET 2009

I've just finished digitising the first half of the BBC's poptastic 6 hr Video Jukebox
extravaganza, from way back in the days of the kipper tie, and was wondering how best
to share it...
 I was thinking of making torrents of the DVD images, which will weigh in at around 8 GB
in tostalr. I could probably start seeding that tonight, but might not be able to leave it up
for very long.
 Alternatively, I could segment the images into smaller chunks and put it up on
Rapidshare, or bearing in mind that it's very much VHS quality, make it into a series of
.movs/.avis  -whatever really. What's your preference ?

 It's not all TV gold - along with your Beatles, Stones, & Talking Heads there's a lot of
dross, but I'm guessing it's probably your kind of dross.
 If, like me, you spent many a happy hour of your youth trying to tear your eyes away
from the video jukebox in your local, and actually look at the people you're drinking with,
you'll probably find it strangely compelling. It's also a treat for retro-tech fans, with some
staggeringly cheesy video FX .
 And of course, it's a rare opportunity to see footage of Peel & Walters working together,
looking slightly uncomfortable about the prospect of presenting yet another Duran Duran
video,
cheers
Roger