1991 Phantom 50

andrewthezmore AndrewThezmore@...
Mon Jan 5 17:32:43 CET 2009

the source tapes themselves are dodgyhifi tapetotape copies of the
tracks from the individual shows, so 'lower quality' is kindof
inherent even in the wav/flac format! but I spose theyll do until
someone with a fancy hifi  and technical ripping skills owns up and
shares their version with us.

 I'll get them off to Gary in the next week or so, nae bother

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "billfromnorthwales"
<billfromnorthwales@...> wrote:

> Oops, didn't mean to muddy the waters.
>
> Please put the final part up in wav/flac!!
>
> Please regard my version as just an interim lower quality thing.
>

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "andrewthezmore" <AndrewThezmore@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > The Phantom 50 was broadcast Jan to Jul in 1993, not 1992. Gary
was
> > already hosting some of these files at his treasure trove here
> > http://www.30242b.net/JP_AT_index.html
> >
> > I haven't got around to sendng him the wavs of the last 2
sections
> yet.
> > Now that you have put up the full mp3 version, there may not be
any
> > need? If anybody is keen for the full size wav/flac to be upped,
> please
> > say so or I won't bother.
> >
> > A very happy new year to everybody around these parts!
> >
> > Cheers
> > Andrew
> >
> > --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "billfromnorthwales"
> > <billfromnorthwales@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have collected the 1991 Phantom 50 songs that an unknown hero
> > > recorded every week for 6 months Jan-Jul 1992 and joined them
> into
> > two
> > > 2 hour shows, for my own enjoyment. The intros have a limited
> subject
> > > matter (maily the reasons JP abandoned the 1991 chart!) but
here
> they
> > > are anyway....
> > >
> > > http://www.30242b.net/Peel%