"Fancy a brew?"

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Fri Jan 2 03:23:08 CET 2009

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the world of obsessive completism.

Yup, I do patches like that a lot, to try and create the complete
show.

I just did one for 30th Dec 1986 made up of different incomplete
sources to make a 100% complete show.

It is available here

http://tiny.cc/kLvz4

when at the tiny link right click "save as.."

The thing is that this can mean re-encoding the original mp3, which
 may cause a quality loss (encode>decode>encode) so if I cannot get
the original source, I try and use something like mp3direct cut.

HOWEVER, sometimes the original mp3 needs cleaning up, or speed
correction, so decoding is absolutely necessary then and you can
often make the join fairly invisible.

So yes, please post the revised show, since you have already done all
the work!

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "alanforduk" <alan@...> wrote:

> Is this too nerdy .... ???
>
> I noticed there's a bit of link missing from Ken's MP3s where the
> tape flips.
> So I've ripped the entire phrase from my own tape and added it to
the
> end of side a, and removed the remainder of the phrase from the
> beginning of side b.
>
> The missing words are:
> "That's Astronaut from Number One Cup, and they're gonna be playing
> us a fourth number .."
> Side b continues ".. in about another half hours time, in the last
> half hour of the program".
>
> If anyone wants copies of my updated MP3s I'll be happy to upload
> them.
> Or I could just post the mp3 with the missing phrase (178Kb).
> Or I could just get a life instead......
>
> Bear in mind that my tape is a copy of a copy and the edit sticks
out
> like a sore thumb.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alan
>

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "alanforduk" <alan@> wrote:
> >
> > Meanwhile, I've added a skeleton wiki page for the show:
> >
> > http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/18_March_1996
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "alanforduk" <alan@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Happy New Year, Ken
> > > I was wondering if you had any more of these shows where John
> stood
> > > in for Mark Radcliffe?
> > >
> > > Alan

> > the