Top Gear 1968 complete show

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Fri Feb 27 17:34:09 CET 2009

I re jigged this a while ago and put it here:

http://www.30242b.net/Peel%20Group/billfromnorthwales/m_index.html

as

1968-08-11 John Peel Top Gear Radio 1.mp3

If you are into this, I redid some other stuff too

1967-10-01 John Peel & Pete Drummond Top Gear (44:34)

is Peels first show for Radio 1, I understand, with a fraught Smashy &
Nicey type partnership with Pete Drummond (thanks Kats Karavan)

1968-03-06 John Peel Nightride (56:24)

is Peels first Nightride

1968-08-11 John Peel Top Gear (01:13:14)

is a nearly complete, very high quality audio quality show

1969-05-07 John Peel

is a complete, very high quality audio quality show, and made me see
the light about Ivor Cutler being so laugh out load funny

1969-12-27 John Peel Top Gear

Is a full 2 hour show in high quality, that makes me wonder if our
Compact disks and hard drives will last as long as the magnetised
oxide particles have lasted on these 40 year old tapes (bit of
philosophy for you there)

Big gap to 1973 and Kens recently unearthed gem that I joined up the
parts

1973-12-18 John Peel Top Gear

Nothing really new, but a nice one stop shop I think

Bill

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> I don't have any of those records, but I've just double-checked
agianst the PasB script, and
> yes, the running order of tracks as on the wiki is indeed complete
and accurate. I agree
> this is a perfect case for a reconstruction, given all the other
elements survive...
> volunteers?

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Duffy" <eddie.duffy@> wrote:
> >
> > Gert,
> >
> > This is not actually a complete show. It does contain all of
Peelie's
> > links and all the session tracks, but all the 'needletime' tracks
> > (i.e. the records) have been removed. This is almost certainly
because
> > the blogger obtained it from the same source I did, i.e.
Dimeadozen
> > (then called EZtree), where it was upped in about February '05.
> > Because DaD don't allow commercially-available material to be
> > uploaded, all the records had to be removed from the torrent.
> >
> > One of the things I've been meaning to get around to for ages is
> > restore this show to its former glory. It's easily the best-
quality
> > show of that vintage doing the rounds, so it deserves the full
> > treatment. More details here:
> >
> > http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/11_August_1968
> >
> > If anyone has any of the needletime tracks listed in the Wiki
article
> > (preferably lossless), please let me know.
> >
> > Eddie.
> >
> > --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Gert Stuut" <dutch_record_59@>
wrote:

> > > Found this show here:
> > >
> > > http://halsprogressiverockblog.blogspot.com/search/label/John%
20Peel

> > > Features John Dummer Blues Band, Tim Rose, Pink Floyd and
Leonard