[peel] SPOTIFY - a music listening revolution!

fearoffours fearoffours@...
Wed Feb 25 12:58:36 CET 2009

Yes I've been using spotify for 3-4 weeks. Highly recommended. I use
it for playing albums at work which I only have on CD at home, or for
trying out new releases prior to purchasing.
Free version has occasional (about 1/album) short radio-style ads, pay
99p for 24hours ad-free listening or subscribe for some amount per
month (£10 maybe) for continual ad-free listening.

There are defintely catalogue holes (sebadoh, done lying down being
some of my missing favs) but there is a wealth of material that IS
there.

Collaborative playlists are fun too - specify a theme/topic, post a
link, aloow others to add/delete to your playlist. Here's my "Perfect
Pop" playlist -
http://open.spotify.com/user/fearoffours/playlist/4YVyjz5fUnS2RAxE3YmnXQ
- (you'll need spotify installed before the link will work.) The idea
is the playlist contains decent sing-along tracks (singles or
single-worthy material at least) between 2:55 and 3:05 in length. They
don't have to be true 'pop music' (whatever that means).

It's a good piece of software.

MCH