Help Needed Identifying Peel Tracks From 1968/69

ken garner ken_garner@...
Fri Feb 20 22:59:39 CET 2009

at last I've worked through the script for 9/3/69 and can give the full track lsting for that
tape of yours Andy. Any more where this came from? If so, could next time they be in
Mp3s, not wma or wav? Those are no use for Macs...

This one your mystery taper taped from quite near the beginning of the show but edited
more out. he clearly did not like the Idle Race. I've dove the full show track listing because
this show is very much of its time and remarkably consistent in its bluesy feel, and for that
reason, not one of the classics, I fear...

it was my mistake on richie havens' Indian Rope man, apologies, script was correct

cheers

ken

~

TOP GEAR
Sunday 9 March 1969
3-5pm Radio 1
with John Peel
Produced by Bernie Andrews

[The Nice sig.
The Idle Race – Days of the Broken Arrow (session)
Cream – Doing that Scrapyard Thing (LP Goodbye)
The Glass Menagerie – Putting it off til another day (session)
Daughters of Albion – Sweet Susan Constantine (LP Daughters of Albion)
Taste – I'm Moving On (session)
Family – Dim (LP Family Entertainment) ALL THESE OMITTED]

[TAPE BEGINS
]
Love Sculpture – Farendole (session)
East of Eden – Northern Hemisphere (single)
[omitted: Idle Race – Frantic Desolation (session)]
Iron Butterfly – Soul Experience (LP Ball)
The Glass Menagerie – Do You Ever Think (session)
Dragonfly – She Don't care (LP Dragonfly)
Taste – Sugar Mama (session)
[omitted: Blood Sweat and Tears – More and More (LP Blood Sweat & tears)]
Love Sculpture – Great Balls of Fire (session)
Bobby Parker – It's Hrad but It's Fair (single)
[omitted: The Idle Race – Mr Crow and Sir Norman (session)]
H P Lovecraft – High Flying Bird (LP H P Lovecraft II)
The Glass Menagerie – Life is Getting It Together (session)
[omitted: Marc Brierley – The Answer Is (LP Welcome to the Citadel)]
Taste – Leaving Blues (session)
[omitted: The Collectors – My Love Delights Me (LP Crass and Wild Strawberries)]
[omitted: Love Sculpture – Evening (session)]
[omitted: The Who – Pinball Wizard (single)]
The Bread and Beer Band – Dick Barton Theme (single)
[omitted: Idle Race – Sea of Dreams (session)]
[omitted: B B King – I Done Got Wise (LP His Best)]
The Glass Menagerie – She Came From Hell (session)
Jefferson Airplane – Somebody to Love (LP Bless Its Pointed Little Head)
TAPE ENDS
[omitted: Taste – Hail (session)]
[omitted: Love Sculpture – Inner Light (session)]
end