[OT] [Altrok] Update #226: Support Your Local Web Station!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Mon Feb 16 14:38:41 CET 2009

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that. And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

And in the interest of keeping you interested...well, you *do* know about our new daily retro feature, right?  No?  Well...

ALTROK'S DAILY RETRO

WEEKDAYS, 11:30a-1:30p EASTERN

...hosted by Sean Carolan (often referred to hereabouts as "me".)

Now then, we've got songs to let you know about.

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - Doves
 - The BPA
 - The Race UK
 - U2
 - The Joy Formidable
 - The Answering Machine

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - Animal Collective - My Girls
 - Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career
 - Peter Doherty - Last Of The English Roses
 - Florence & The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
 - Franz Ferdinand - No You Girls
 - The Last Shadow Puppets - My Mistakes Were Made For You
 - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Everything With You
 - Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
 - Polly Scattergood - Nitrogen Pink
 - School Of Seven Bells - Half Asleep
 - Sky Larkin - Fossil, I
 - The Thermals - Now We Can See
 - Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work
 - Wire - Are You Ready
 - Wire Daisies - Rocket Girl
 - The Wombats - My Circuitboard City

Our Newly-Added Classics:

 - The Cramps - Green Door
 - The Cure - Never Enough (Big Mix)
 - Joe Jackson - One More Time
 - Nick Lowe - Let Me Kiss Ya
 - Mission Of Burma - Academy Fight Song
 - The Psychedelic Furs - Into You Like a Train
 - The Smiths - Panic
 - Talking Heads - (Nothing But) Flowers

And don't forget the R/SYN Underground night, every Saturday at the Corner Tavern in New Brunswick, where Drew and IronMike keep you dancing with the most advanced playlist this side of the Atlantic (and where, occasionally, yours truly might show up and spin a coupla tracks...ya never know.)  In fact, it'll be serving as the under-36 club and after-party for...

...THE MELODY BAR REUNION! This Saturday, February 21!  New Brunswick Elks, Livingston Av, 7PM-1AM.  36-and-over only, please (spouses excepted.)  Fun. To. Be. Had.

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night