American TV Detective

davelebarr davelebarr@...
Mon Feb 16 12:58:27 CET 2009

Hope this enquiry is appropriate to this forum, if not apologies...

I listened to JP thru my formative years...I've found a few tracks
and downloaded them etc but one song sticks in my memory and I can't
find it. Perhaps it is called 'American TV Detective' or something
like that? The lyrics as I recall go:

There's gonna be a car chase followed by a fight
Gunshots in the middle of the night
It's the same routine but it's so effective
Chasing hoodlums is such a lot of fun
Even when they take away my gun
I can fire with a smile and a little invective
I'm an american tv detective

Maybe this was just a session track and never released..no idea

Again sorry if this is a bit out of order...but I've found so much
old stuff it kills me this one is slipping away.

Thanks for any ideas ! Dave.