[peel] 500 Box: 'Well, they certainly speak volumes to me'

apoplexia apoplexia@...
Wed Feb 11 13:46:29 CET 2009

I've been lurking on the list for a while, so first and foremost thanks to
everyone who's keeping the music alive. I have some 30 odd mini-discs of
John Peel on BFBS that I recorded in the late 90s that I'll try to get
around to converting and uploading some time to make some small
contribution.

More specifically, many thanks for this. I had no idea that 18th Dye had
done even one session, let alone two. I should have known that no band is
too obscure to have appeared on Peel. I have very fond memories of seeing
them as a support for Yo La Tengo on Christmas Eve in Berlin in '93. Not
only was it an excellent set, but one of the band members' mothers had baked
cookies for the audience. Good ones, too.

cheers,

Rich