Re: [peel] Re: Punk Special 1977 - new version - Part  2

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Sun Feb 8 16:41:20 CET 2009

> <<The standout for me is a song called "Do The Standing Still" by (the)
> Table. When I heard it recently I got a shiver down my brain - this
> is brilliant, I remember this but when ? How many years ago - was it
> at the time ?>>

Yeah! Classic 7" came out in 1977 with b-side "The Magical Melon Of The
Tropics" a great track too - revealing a very un-punk almost hippy avant-garde side
to the band, who obviously actually could play their instruments - maybe why
they were overlooked in the rush of ramalamadolequeue identipunk bands that
Sid Vicious referred to as "99% is shit"

Cheers!

Rocker