Help Needed Identifying Peel Tracks From 1968/69

ken garner ken_garner@...
Fri Feb 6 00:42:45 CET 2009

blimey, that was quick, but I suppose it's fairly easy when you've got the scripts: the first
file (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PPVIC3Y) is wholly from the Top Gear of Sunday
27 October 1968 (which as Peel announces at the end, was in fact pre-recorded, on Friday
25th October). All the tracks are in order as broadcast, but with some tracks not
recorded off air. The track listing goes like this, starting from 9 tracks in, I would guess
about 35 minutes in, at I suppose 3.35pm:

Taste - Norman Invasion (instrumental) Session track repeat
[omitted: Steve Miller Band 'Living in the USA' single
Muddy Waters - Let's Spend The Night Together', Chess single
[omitted: David Ackles - Laissez Faire, session track]
Jefferson Airplane - Crown of Creation, LP track
Brian Auger Trinity - I'm Not Talkin' session track
[omitted: The Scaffold - Lily the Pink, single;
[omitted: Taste - Born on the wrong side of time, session repeat;
[[omitted: The Moody Blues - Ride MY See Saw, single;]
Blossom Toes - Ever Since a Memory, session track
SRC - Daystar, LP track
Richie Havens - Indian Rope Trick, single
Brian Auger Trinity - Road to Cairo, session track
[omitted: Nirvana - The Touchables (all of us), LP track]
Taste - Same Old Story, session track repeat
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride, LP track
4.30pm news
[omitted: Duster Bennett - Country Jam, LP track;
[omitted: David Ackles - When Love is Gone, session track;
[omitted: Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Safe as Milk, LP track]
Brian Auger Trinity - Lonesome Hobo, session track
Savoy Brown - Train to Nowhere, single
Blossom Toes - Peaceloving Man, session track

end of show, 5pm