[OT] [Altrok] Update #224: Support Your Local Web Station!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Wed Feb 4 16:55:51 CET 2009

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that. And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

And in the interest of keeping you interested...well, you *do* know about our new daily retro feature, right?  No?  Well...

ALTROK'S DAILY RETRO

WEEKDAYS, 11:30a-1:30p EASTERN

...hosted by Sean Carolan (often referred to hereabouts as "me".)

Now then, we've got songs to let you know about.

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - HTRK
 - Noisettes
 - The Prodigy
 - Detachments
 - The Wonder Stuff
 - Lily Allen

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - The Answering Machine - Lightbulbs
 - Dirty Projectors - Knotty Pine (with David Byrne)
 - Doves - Jetstream
 - Flashguns - Timehouse Blue
 - Franz Ferdinand - Bite Hard
 - Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy
 - Frightened Rabbit - Set You Free
 - Hot Chip - Transmission
 - Keith - Up In The Clouds
 - Lohio - Modern Days
 - Willie Nile - Game Of Fools
 - The Soft Pack - Beside Myself
 - Titus Andronicus - Arms Against Atrophy

Our Newly-Added Classics:

 - The Chameleons - Up The Down Escalator
 - The Delgados - Mr Blue Sky
 - P.J. Harvey - The Letter
 - The Heads - Papersnow (feat. Andy Partridge)
 - Ministry - NWO
 - The Police - Roxanne
 - The Style Council - Speak Like A Child
 - Tears For Fears - Change (Extended)
 - Violent Femmes - American Music

And don't forget the R/SYN Underground night, every Saturday at the Corner Tavern in New Brunswick, where Drew and IronMike keep you dancing with the most advanced playlist this side of the Atlantic (and where, occasionally, yours truly might show up and spin a coupla tracks...ya never know.)

Last but not least, February 21 is fast approaching, and that means it's time for this year's Melody Bar Reunion.  New Brunswick Elks, Livingston Av, 7PM, 2/21.  A fine fete will be had.

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night