Compliments of the Season

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Tue Feb 3 16:21:04 CET 2009

Well here is what I said in case it did get lost......

You may remember the long lost 1977 festive 50 (60) (61) show had a
Stranglers concert in it - available here

http://www.30242b.net/Peel%20Group/billfromnorthwales/m_index.html

as 1977-12-27 John Peel Radio 1 (Incomplete).mp3

Well the prvious day he broadcast a repeat concert of the Faces from
1973 which is available as

1977-12-26 John Peel Radio 1 (Faces 1973).mp3

Earlier in the year (August 19) he had broadcast a concert by Family
from 1971 available as

1977-08-19 John Peel Radio 1 (Family 1971).mp3

I have already told you my ealiest Peel tape I still have is from
November 1976 and has a short Wishbone Ash concert on it, available as

1976-11-XX John Peel Radio 1 (Wishbone Ash 1976).mp3

I have another show from Xmas 1977 which has a Thin Lizzy concert from
1973, but it is just that, no Peel Intro or outro.

Another one I have is from a BBC2 simulcast from 1978 of the Jethro
Tull Madison Square Garden show, whose timing made it fall into Peel's
slot, and I will digitise that soon.

And then I said this, and please take note because these 60's shows
are groo00vy (far out and outa sight I tell ya baby)

I have re-jigged up some of the 60's shows that were
available already, and put them here

http://www.30242b.net/Peel%20Group/billfromnorthwales/m_index.html

1967-10-01 John Peel & Pete Drummond Top Gear (44:34)

is Peels first show for Radio 1, I understand, with a fraught Smashy &
Nicey type partnership with Pete Drummond (thanks Kats Karavan)

1968-03-06 John Peel Nightride (56:24)

is Peels first Nightride

1968-08-11 John Peel Top Gear (01:13:14)

is a nearly complete, very high quality audio quality show

1969-05-07 John Peel

is a complete, very high quality audio quality show, and made me see
the light about Ivor Cutler being so laugh out load funny

1969-12-27 John Peel Top Gear

Is a full 2 hour show in high quality, that makes me wonder if our
Compact disks and hard drives will last as long as the magnetised
oxide particles have lasted on these 40 year old tapes (bit of
philosophy for you there)

Big gap to 1973 and Kens recently unearthed gem that I joined up the parts

1973-12-18 John Peel Top Gear

Nothing really new, but a nice one stop shop I think

Now pay attention or I'll keep posting the same messages!

Bill