1988 FESTIVE 50 TOP TEN REMASTERED

jake rayytann@...
Mon Dec 28 20:35:48 CET 2009

Hi folks

Hope everybody had a great Xmas!

I had a wonderful time, and even managed to complete my collection of tracks featured in John Peel's 1977 festive 61, after persuading Father Christmas to bring me the "SIT THEE DOWN" cd by the Oldham Tinkers, which includes the only song that I didn't have - "JOHN WILLIE'S FERRET" (although funnily enough I haven't listened to it yet).... :)

Anyway - here's my second attempt at remastering a festive 50 countdown - the 1988 top ten, which I chose mainly because the radio recording I had of the top 10 was of much lower quality than those for the rest of the 50.

It was quite easy to patch in the mp3s, although the ending of #2 doesn't work as well as I'd hoped, so I'll have to redo it at a later date....

Not sure how the rather mediocre "DESTROY THE HEART" managed to get to number one in 1988 but what the hell - enjoy!

Rgs

Jake

Festive 50 countdown 28/12/1988 (10-1) remastered edition in a single mp3 file.

Tracklist:

10 NICK CAVE AND THE BAD SEEDS - THE MERCY SEAT
09 HOUSE OF LOVE - CHRISTINE
08 THE WEDDING PRESENT - WHY ARE YOU BEING SO REASONABLE NOW
07 THE PIXIES - GIGANTIC
06 MY BLOODY VALENTINE - YOU MADE ME REALISE
05 DINOSAUR JR - FREAK SCENE
04 THE WEDDING PRESENT - TAKE ME I'M YOURS
03 JESUS AND MARY CHAIN - SIDE WALKING
02 THE WEDDING PRESENT - NOBODY'S TWISTING YOUR ARM
01 HOUSE OF LOVE - DESTROY THE HEART

Download here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O50S8Y2M

d - - b