1979 FESTIVE 50 TOP TEN REMASTERED

jake rayytann@...
Thu Dec 24 14:22:16 CET 2009

Hi folks

Final post from me before I head off to god's own county for xmas....

As it's the 30th anniversary of the 1979 festive 50 I decided to make an attempt at remastering the top 10, which is the only part of this one that seems to be (almost) complete.

I had 3 off air recordings of the top 10....

the first was of reasonable quality but missing the intro to #10 and with edits between #10 and #9, and between #3 and #2.

the second started half way through #10 and was otherwise complete, but the quality was beyond awful throughout, so I only used it for the 2 edited links above.

the third file was a actually a compilation of most of the right tracks culled from different broadcasts - quite amusing but obviously not the real deal....

This is the first time I've tried to remaster some Peel and I think it turned out OK. But I'd just like to add that despite my attempts to improve the quality of the audio taken from the beyond awful recording, our John still sounds a bit like a muffled dalek between #10 and #9 and between #3 and #2 - but it's better than nothing, and the music is awesome!

The only thing I haven't been able to include is Peel's intro to #10 - does anybody out there have it?

Tracklist

10 THE DAMNED - NEW ROSE
09 PUBLIC IMAGE LTD - PUBLIC IMAGE
08 STIFF LITTLE FINGERS - SUSPECT DEVICE
07 THE SPECIALS - GANGSTERS
06 STIFF LITTLE FINGERS - ALTERNATIVE ULSTER
05 THE CLASH - COMPLETE CONTROL
04 THE JAM - DOWN IN THE TUBESTATION AT MIDNIGHT
03 THE CLASH - WHITE MAN IN HAMMERSMITH PALAIS
02 THE UNDERTONES - TEENAGE KICKS
01 SEX PISTOLS - ANARCHY IN THE UK

download here....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M0OHS4UF

....then turn up the volume, jump up and down and have a great xmas! :)

Rgs

Jake