[peel] An even more obscure session request

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Mon Dec 14 01:16:21 CET 2009

At 01:40 09/12/2009, you wrote:

>Firstly, many thanks for the recent sessions -
>the less-travelled roads are always teh most interesting!
>
>Which brings me to....
>
>There are a couple of sessions I'd really love
>to hear, by post-punk bands that left barely a
>trace - one or two singles and compilation
>tracks - but who really deserved better. Does anyone have any of the following?
>
>Attic (10/12/1980). From Portsmouth, made two
>singles and appear on the 'South Specific' compilation album.

I've got this one
http://www.divshare.com/download/9746427-d88

>The Colors out of Time (26/5/81). Recently
>cropped up on Julian Cope's site - apparently
>they came from Crewe - but sound like they should have been from Manchester!
Don't have this      It's always nice to see a group with a nme based on a
H P Lovecraft story.   I'll give Mighty Cthulhu a
ring and see if he's got one!!

>Out on Blue Six  (16/9/80 and 24/6/81) - Two
>sessions, but I only know of one single (Party
>Mood). Contained Carl Marsh, later of
>Shriekback. Party Mood beats any Shriekback track!
I've got the first one although I'm not convinced it's the whole thing

http://www.divshare.com/download/9746202-e03

As usual if anyone has the missing sessions can they let us know

martinw