[peel] Faces in Concert 1973

Gert Stuut dutch_record_59@...
Thu Dec 10 19:15:53 CET 2009

Just listened to those two concerts. The first show have there moments, but the 2nd is much better!
Pity there are no John Peel introductions.
I found another Faces BBC concert, also without John Peel. It's probably the same concert that Eddie mentioned.
You can find it here: http://hard-rock-cafe.blogspot.com/2009/08/faces-john-peel-sunday-concert-1971.html

Cheers,
Gert

________________________________
From: billfromnorthwales <billfromnorthwales@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, November 14, 2009 7:11:15 PM
Subject: [peel] Faces in Concert 1973

I think if Teenage Kicks was his favourite track ever, then Faces were his favourate band ever. Discuss.

OK here is the first file for the Faces in Concert

http://tinyurl. com/yfox3v2

RIGHT CLICK only, then "save as"

THE FACES    02-08-1973  8th February
UK radio (BBC) 'In Concert', London, Paris Theatre
Introduced by John Peel

1 Silicone Grown
2 Cindy Incidentally
3 Angel
4 Memphis, Tennesse
5 True Blue
6 I'd Rather Go Blind
7 You're My Girl
8 Twistin' The Night Away
9 It's All Over Now
10 Miss Judy's Farm
11 Maybe I'm Amazed
12 Three Button Hand Me Down
13 I'm Losing You

Note: The show was not broadcast, due to The Faces sounding too drunk.
It was finally aired by mistake in January 2003 on BBC6 digital.

And here is 1 April 1973 (bcast 21 Apr 73)

http://tinyurl. com/y94p8o5

RIGHT CLICK only, then "save as"

Introduction by John Peel

Silicone Grown