[peel] Re: The Flying Cream Shots?

stephen phythian theallnewadventuresofspp@...
Wed Dec 9 10:40:08 CET 2009

If I remember right, I'm sure the name featured on the cover of the early peel session 12"s. This was before it became common knowledge what it was and I can remember scouring the thousands of names on there to see if I could suss it out. (i never did though)

--- On Tue, 8/12/09, ken_garner <ken_garner@...> wrote:

From: ken_garner <ken_garner@...>
Subject: [peel] Re: The Flying Cream Shots?
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 8 December, 2009, 23:25

John told me the story years ago, and made me swear to secrecy. But seeing as Mr Dann has already blown it (in that "professional friend of the dead" article just 3 days after John's death - everyone i know who knew John took a dim view of this self-serving piece, to put it mildly), there's no point keeping silent any longer. John deliberately slotted this fictitious band name into many show intros right from the late 70s through to the 90s. He told me that the only person who ever twigged was Billy Bragg, who sent him postcards from around the world commenting on rumours of the Flying Cream Shots activities. John told me that when he lived in Dallas a friend of his wrote the photo captions for porn mags, and this was the magazine's pic desk's term for one of their most typical, ever-popular images.