[peel] Re: Another belter from Mike

Mike Parker parkermike81@...
Mon Aug 24 21:33:30 CEST 2009

thanks b, these higher bit rate one`s really do make a difference,im listening to ten times more of these now than all the low bit rate originals that were stagnating on the hard drive,and speaking of low bit rates[mini disc lp recordings] i recently found a comp [about 4 hours] i did from an unknown norwegion radio show [no introductions] i used to listen to in the 90`s on sub audio channel nr3 on satellite channel ''nrk'' when i used to own a motorised dish,[dont ask me ,who the american,british,australian e.t.c.  bands are,sort of add`s to the appeal of not knowing]just incredible in a peel type/mixing it kind of style,if your thinking of driving from lands end to john o groats overnight in a raging storm i cant think of a better soundtrack for the spooky duration,stirring stuff, anybody interested let me know,cheers your right honourable: mp.
--- On Mon, 24/8/09, bbrbr57 <jpdl@...> wrote:

From: bbrbr57 <jpdl@...>
Subject: [peel] Re: Another belter from Mike
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 24 August, 2009, 6:07 PM

--- In peel@yahoogroups. com, "so_it_goes_ 2512" <so_it_goes_ 2512@...> wrote:

> Fellow Peelites
>
> The latest in what has been a hugely enjoyable goldmine of early 90s Peel, and which Mike assures me is only 25% finished.
>
> Mixtape title: Best Of Peel Vol 24

Thanks Steve and Mike, very enjoyable indeed!

Here is another batch from my collection:

http://home. wanadoo.nl/ jpdl/John_ Peel_2003- 06.torrent

Shows from 2003-06-11 .. 2003-09-24

I think these are mainly upgrades for lower bitrate versions on the 17 DVD torrent set, but there should also be a couple of new ones.

B.