[peel] Re: Paul Jones/Muddy Waters tribute show

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Wed Aug 5 17:58:44 CEST 2009

At 15:21 05/08/2009, Alan wrote:

>Thanks for this info, Martin; more detailed than I would ever expect
>anyone to know!
>I definitely have the beginning and end of the show, so there must
>be something missing in between. Why this would be I can't imagine,
>unless I had to change tapes mid-show and then transferred the two
>segments to a third tape, skillfully merging them together !
>I guess we'll never know; I've tried unsuccessfully to find a
>tracklisting on-line, or a list of Carey Bell's Radio 2 sessions
>(disappointingly absent from IST, Ken!).
>
>BTW: As I type I'm listening to 19/3/1990; About 40 mins in John
>refers to 'top radio critic Ken Garner', with whom he and son
>William had recently stayed in Glasgow (losing a car aerial in the process).

It's missing from Ken's book because it's on Radio 2

2 possibilities.    If you had a 45' tape then the point it ran
out would be just before the 3rd session track so maybe
you turned the tape over and restarted it after the track ended

The other thing is that I think Carey Bell recorded both
these songs so are you sure it was a session and not
just something Paul Jones bundled together.  Does he
say it was a session on the tape?

martinw