[peel] Paul Jones/Muddy Waters tribute show

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Wed Aug 5 14:34:44 CEST 2009

At 12:53 05/08/2009, you wrote:

>After being inundated with off-list requests (hi Jimmy), I have
>uploaded the Paul Jones/Muddy Waters tribute show here:
>
><http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90OA9NEU>http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90OA9NEU
>
>It features Carey Bell in session, performing MW covers.
>
>I guessed the broadcast date as 28/4/88: Paul Jones states that MW
>died '5 years ago on Saturday'. He died on 30/4/83, and I think PJ's
>shows were on Thursdays then.
>
>The running time is 52:49. PJ's shows ran for one hour, minus a
>couple of mins for the news. This would indicate there's about 5
>mins missing. Apart from the tape flip, where PJ presumably says
>something like "Here from Hard Again is Mannish Boy", I can't spot
>any other gaps - although there are only two Carey Bell tracks.
>
>Tracklisting
>
>MW: Hoochie Coochie Man
>CB: I'm Ready
>MW: I Can't Be Satisfied
>MW: Hard Days
>MW: Born Lover
>MW: Got My Mojo Working
>CB: Nineteen Years Old
>MW: I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of town
>MW: Can't Get No Grindin'
>MW: Trouble No More
>MW: Mannish Boy
>
>--- In <mailto:peel%40yahoogroups.com>peel@yahoogroups.com,
>"alanforduk" <ford.alan@...> wrote:
> >

> > The next tape I've ripped is a 'non-John' show.
> > It's a Muddy Waters tribute from Paul Jones's Rhythm & Blues show
> > on Radio 2; approx broadcast date 28/4/88, about 5 years after
> MW's > death.
> > Anyone interested?

The traditional places for session tracks on Paul Jones show are
(1)  The second track in - normally not front announced
(2)   Halfway - directly after the Radio 2 promo
(3)   Either the last or last but one track

 From this I would guess what you are missing is the end

martinw