William's 15th Birthday Special

ken garner ken_garner@...
Thu Apr 30 23:00:17 CEST 2009

Found this one, unlabelled, in my recent clearout of some old shoeboxes. The first part of this one is familiar from the 17-DVD Torrent, but I can now present you with the complete show, and in slightly better quality I think. So listeners may be familiar with Peel's talk of what the family had done for William's 15th Birthday earlier that Saturday 12th January. Incidentally, according to the normally reliable memories of my friend Stewart Cruickshank, the show 15 years earlier on the night after William was born - Monday 12th January 1976, complete with a session by Andy Fairweather-Low - included Peel overwhelmed by fatherhood, Stewart recalls. so let's hope that one turns up sometime. But in 1991 it was a timely show for other reasons. The US Congress had voted that afternoon approving military action by the armies assembled in Saudi Arabia to remove Saddam Hussein's Iraqi invasion force from Kuwait, and the air war began three days later. So to start with Prince Far-I's No More War was prescient. I think I may have kept this one because it seemed momentous (were we all about to die?), and I always like Robert Lloyd's stuff. Hope you agree.

Peel 1991-01-12a Robert Lloyd (LFO)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9FNYGB57
Peel 1991-01-12b Robert Lloyd (LFO)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UD0L51XF

PS. Thanks to Phil who corrected the wrong dates on this Robert Lloyd session in IST, thanks to his tape and index, so I at last got it right in TPS - never remembering I had a tape of it myself all the time. Doh!