Peel Gold

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Thu Apr 30 19:15:49 CEST 2009

> Right now listening to the 1980-05-06 show (Moondogs, OMD
> sessions), which includes the clip I heard/saw on a Joy Divisin
> documentary the other day when JP plays Atmosphere at the wrong
> speed. Then, after the correct speed version is done, replays it at
> the wrong speed, claiming he prefers it, claiming it has a "brisk
> charm" the usual version doesn't have.
>
> Classic stuff!
>
> Steve W

Was this the one which was mentioned recently (in one of the books?)
where he gets out of it by blaming the French (Sordide Sentimental is
Belgian surely?) for making records that play at the 'wrong' speed
and growing apples that taste like cardboard?

Am awaiting the Wedding Present jazz sessions with some trepidation,
being married to someone who has recorded a loungecore version of
'Ever Fallen In Love'.

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e:
editor@...