OT - mystery new wave song from the late 80's.

michael stoecker michstoecker@...
Wed Apr 1 02:00:11 CEST 2009

Hey gang, thought I'd throw this incredibly vague puzzle to the group b/c the group never ceases to amaze me and I might get lucky. A friend of mine has a song that she really wants to figure out. Problem is, very few details, if any concrete ones at all. Here's the rundown -

" Back somewhere between 87-89, there was a song they used to play on
WLIR. I don't remember the name of the group. I can't remember most of
the words. So you can see how I'm having trouble trying to figure out
what the song really was. (I can hear the music in my head, but it's
hard to hum so it comes out just sounding like one note if and when I
try....) What I can tell you is that it was a song sung by a guy (or a
band with a guy lead singer) about how his girlfriend loves her car
more than him. And he sings for a while, and then there's this spoken
bit where he says something like, "I think it's sick that you'll talk
to your car... but you won't talk to me!" Or something."

She added that the style of the song was "very New Wave," and the vocals were sung by "an English sounding guy."

Anyone have any suggestions?