[peel] Re: Two new session requests

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Tue Sep 16 10:08:36 CEST 2008

At 02:37 16/09/2008, you wrote:

>Thanks several millions for this! Despite the caveats, I have to say
>these do sound pretty darn good- as you say, not pristine, but better
>than anything I ever taped off the radio sounded! I'm assuming the
>cutoff in the middle of the third track is as it was on your tape,
>and that you haven't got the fourth track, "Wake Up" (not a complaint
>by any means, just wanting to confirm the information!)

That's all I have.   Sacrilege as it may be on this list I tried to keep the
as pure as possible without talked over intros and outros which John was
very prone to do.   Also as you spotted a track short - the perfect dj didn't
always front announce and sometimes I guessed wrong
I don't have any of the tapes now.  The deteriorating condition of what were
originally cheap tapes anyway led me to transfer them all to mp3 several
years ago as a matter of urgency so I do know what the Peel prog
converters are going through
I have to admit although audiophiles no doubt stick their fingers in their
ears I have been pleasantly surprised with how well many these sessions
sound now.  This one was 29 years old after all!   Most of these musicians
are in their 50s now!

martinw