[peel] Re: Two new session requests

michael stoecker michstoecker@...
Mon Sep 15 19:49:10 CEST 2008

Here's Stump's 3rd session from 1-28-87. Remember, repatch the link that yahoo will tear asunder.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/theyanksizzler/Stump_-_Peel_Session_1987_3rd_Session.zip

Cheers,

Michael

To: peel@yahoogroups.com
From: rushomancy@...
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 12:12:24 +0000
Subject: [peel] Re: Two new session requests

            --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Martin Wheatley <martinw@...> wrote:

> But that's assuming that everyone on here is a collector of

> Peel shows rather than sessions!   I am the latter

> I have the Rooney session as well as 2 of the 3

> F***  sessions (referred to when they appeared on XFM as Feck.

> I recall that Peel took great enjoyment in using their proper name)

> I'll see if I can sort these out over the weekend  (a bit tied up

with

> things to do at the moment!)

I started out collecting the sessions myself, though as of late I've

had an increasing interest in full shows.  Anyway, if session

requests are considered okay here, these are some of the ones I've

been looking for:

Brainiac, Man... or Astroman? (early sessions, anything before '00

really), Gorky's Zygotic Mynci (also early sessions, up to about the

time of Gorky 5), Essential Logic, Lora Logic, Servotron, Rachels,

Ron Geesin (Ken's book mentions an upcoming official release, which

is fantastic, but as it hasn't happened yet I'm still looking :) ),

Stackridge, Lewis and Gilbert, Fela Kuti, Ludus, Thinking Fellers

Union, Stump (after the first one)

I doubt most of these will be about, but I thought I'd get it out

there for the record.  As always, thanks to everyone for their

excellent posts!