[peel] 400 Box Shows Shared

lollygagger lollygagger@...
Sun Sep 14 17:28:37 CEST 2008

Hi All

As I am one of those recording cassettes to hard drive I have not had the time to download and listen to the other shows that can be presently downloaded.

Is there going to be a web site where Peely's shows are divided into decades, years, months, weeks?  and can be downloaded at any time and listened to at any time? I appreciate that members using the web site would probably need a password to avoid outsiders either misusing the service or making issues about copy rights etc. The fact that the music is in mono and of a certain quality I cant imagine any of the artists that had their music played on Peely's show would complain. If anything it would only serve to remind listeners of the existence of these bands.

Gordon

----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Fewster
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 8:32 AM
  Subject: [peel] 400 Box Shows Shared

  Hi all,

  In case some of you are not closely monitoring the progress of this project on the Wiki, I have just shared my 6 shows from late May and early June 1979, featuring most notably the Specials debut session. Links as follows:

  http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_May_1979 (Shake)
  http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/28_May_1979 (Buzzcocks & Damned)
  http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/29_May_1979 (Specials, Resistance)
  http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_May_1979 (Punishment of Luxury)
  http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/04_June_1979 (Linton Kwesi Johnson & Skids)
  http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/05_June_1979 (Magazine)

  The Megaupload links are at the bottom of each page.

  Enjoy!

  Richard F