[peel] er, how does that work then ??

Alan Ford alan@...
Sun Sep 14 13:08:50 CEST 2008

Well, you learn something new everyday ...

I can't see anything other than the usual Artist/Title/etc using Windows Explorer properties, but using Mp3tag I can see there's an image associated with the MP3.

Next question: The zip file that these MP3s came in had extraneous files/directories such as __MACOSX and .DS_STORE
What's all that about then ??

Cheers

Alan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Webster
  To: peel@...m
  Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 7:28 PM
  Subject: RE: [peel] er, how does that work then ??

  Almost certainly "ID3" tags inserted into the MP3 file.
  In Windows Explorer - if you right-click on the MP3 file and look at the
  Properties - and the tab for Details ... you should see them.
  Microsoft was late to the game in providing a way to edit them - there are
  plenty of other tools that can read/write that info.

  http://www.id3.org/

  Paul