NOT The Festive Fifty 1976 ,,,,,,Another different Fifty

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Thu Sep 4 21:14:41 CEST 2008

Back in 1976 John Peel and Alan Freeman played a lot of the same
artists on their respective radio shows, and mostly the same people
listened to both radio shows.

However Alan Freeman was earlier than Peel in doing the end of year
countdowns, but rather than have listeners choices, Freeman based his
chart on album sales.

So here I present - The Alan Freeman Top 50 of 1976

Part 1 is here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9LZJWJ35

This is 2 hours of the 3 hour show starting at number 42 (fades in
slowly)

Unfortunately I missed the first hour and the first 8 records.

Part 2 is on its way as the full 3 hour show.

Enjoy the difference and contrast & compare with our hero.

(Actually, do any 1976 JP recordings exist?

Bill