Non-R1 Peel shows

ken garner ken_garner@...
Tue Sep 2 18:51:31 CEST 2008

The holy grail here, of course, would be if any tapes ever showed up
of Peel's short-lived prorgammes on Radio Luxembourg, which the
consensus seems to agree ran sometime in 1971, but documentary
confirmation is hard to come by, far less any recordings!

he was on Radio Bremen for several years in the late 80s, I think,
too...

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "saipanda" <saipanda@...> wrote:

> Hi Doc,
>
> Uh, not really quite sure how to address you... Dr Mango seems so
formal.

> Anyway, yeah, sure there's more. In fact, I know I've got more than
that. I think there was
> quite a few Radio Eins shows up at one of the sites that aren't
going any more at one
> stage, maybe Dubster's old one.
>
> Quick check and seems like these are now on Torrent 17 of the DVD
compilation series.

> There's also the Virgin Stores ones as well -- also lurking on the
DeeDee's DVDs
> somewhere, I think (and also Dubster offerings originally I think).
They're pretty funny, as
> Peel seems in a bit of a mood most of the time. Don't know if he
was too impressed with
> their facilities.
>
> Never seen too many World Service shows around, although listened
to a fair few over here
> on the far side back in the day. Problem was the terrible reception
before they went
> online.
>
> Getting a proper list sorted of all this stuff is one of the things
I'm looking to do for the
> Wiki at some point. Trying to get the BBC (music) stuff sorted
first, especially the 400 Box.

> Maybe I missed my calling as a librarian.
>
> Thanks for the 400 Box stuff!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve W
>

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Dr Mango <dr_mango2004@> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder if anyone has a list of the non-Radio One Peel shows
that are in circulation or
> at least, out there? I'm not counting the Finnish Radio Mafia ones,
because they're well
> documented elsewhere, nor the recent American ones from the 90s.
According to my own
> archives, I have the following:

> > for Vpro (Dutch radio) [55:19]
> >

> > 26 June 1993 (BFBS) [50:34] [54:16]
> >
> > ? 1993 BFBS [26:00]
> > 5 Aug 1995 BFBS
> > [43:43]

> > [66:40] Radio Eins
> > [World Service]
> >

> > 18 Dec 2003 [1:48:48] Radio Eins - last show
> >

> > I'd like to get my hands on any more. There must be more Radio
Eins shows out there,