[peel] Proper Forum

Eric Sinclair esinclai@...
Tue Sep 2 04:04:41 CEST 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Andy Irvine wrote:

> I hate forums and wouldn't use one, which is probably why I joined a
> mailing list...
>
> I'm not important in the grand scheme of things, not being active with
> the ripping and archiving, so count that as a quarter-vote or
> something!
>
> Alan Ford wrote:
> > Maybe it's me, but just having to 'navigate' a forum makes it
> unnecessarily complicated (but maybe I'm not doing it right).
> > With yahoo groups I can just read the postings as they arrive.
> > What's complicated about that?
> >
> > Having said that, I'm not going to argue if people want to change.

Another quarter-vote here - though the file-services and threading may
leave something to be desired in Yahoo! Groups, the email delivery
(and the filtering and management that allows) is big for me.  Not to
mention that having the archives dispersed across many people's
workstations - though perhaps not 'green' from a storage standpoint,
does mean that archives can be found 10 or 15 years hence if Yahoo!
goes under...

-Eric
--
esinclai@...                           aim/skype/twitter: esinclai