[peel] can anyone date this Peel show?

Mark Webb i50bar@...
Thu Oct 30 15:38:29 CET 2008

1st September 1983 maybe?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: sdmaclean@...
  To: peel
  Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:59 AM
  Subject: [peel] can anyone date this Peel show?

  Many years ago, either 80s or maybe 90s, I taped a Peel show and a line of his
  has stuck in my memory ever since, though I have not located the tape in
  donkeys...

  "and that's the first half of Andy White of East Kilbride's birthday present..
  from Joy Division from their session from the 31st of January 1979, Exercise
  One, Insight, She's Lost Control and Transmission, and the second half later in
  the program..."

  So would have been both JD sessions in one night?? Where and how is Andy White
  now? Is he (she?? my sister in law Andrea goes by Andy) on the list?

  Can anyone date this utterance? Of course it's of no consequence to anyone, I
  just find myself amused that I can still remember it. Came to mind after
  watching the Joy Division documentary last night, very watchable (if not much
  differnt to the Shadowplayers DVD really) The 50 (!) extra snippets were fun
  too. Sad to watch Tony Wilson in all his glory.

  Rambling over...

  Stuart