Did the 4 Skins ever record a session

Allan McNaughton allan_mcnaughton@...
Wed Oct 29 00:44:41 CET 2008

I knew I'd seen this on Ya Tube... Peel on the Southall riots etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRJf1J3OnD0

- Allan

(ps first post!)

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, uk thing <her_thing@...> wrote:

> It's always been common knowledge among fans of the band. Mark
Brennan at Captain Oi! had been after it for a few years +
eventually his hard work paid off and the BBC started licensing
various Peel and other radio 1 sessions to him for his label and
Dojo/Cherry Red/etc - this was probably the most coveted one to get
due to the fact that it wasn't broadcast.
> I'd recommend this as a slightly biased but truthful account of Oi!
> http://www.garry-bushell.co.uk/oi/index.asp

The 4-
> > Skins>>
> > > >
> > > So does anyone know if Peel ever played them?
> > >
> > > Confused...
> > >
> > > Rocker
> > >

> > The 4-Skins session was recorded for Peel just before Southall
but not
> > broadcast (due to the controversy surrounding the band + Oi! in
general
> > for a while afterwards). Peel also appeared on a Nationwide
feature
> > defending the band soon after. It subsequently became something
of
> > a 'holy grail' among Oi!/streetpunk collectors + Mark at Captain
Oi!