[peel] Re: Did the 4 Skins ever record a session

michael stoecker michstoecker@...
Thu Oct 23 00:24:53 CEST 2008

Wow. Certainly end of topic. Thanks for the info Steve. Sorry if the question got a few feathers ruffled. Didn't intend it to.

Michael

To: peel@yahoogroups.com
From: so_it_goes_2512@...
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:14:21 +0000
Subject: [peel] Re: Did the 4 Skins ever record a session

            Martin is correct. Paul Swain joined them for the Blood And Honour LP

(see here for more details:

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/bands.php?full=1&bandid=6618). All this

debate about whether the 4 Skins recorded a Peel session is surely due

to the fact that Peel Torrent 3 has what purports to be their session,

with this tracklisting: 1. Wonderful World 2. Jealousy 3. One Law For

Them 4. Evil 5. Yesterday's Heroes. These are the first five tracks

from 'The Secret Life Of The 4-Skins' (which you can download from

http://rocknrollsavage.blogspot.com/2008/02/4-skins-secret-life-of-4-skins.html,

if that's your 'bag'), the artwork for which accompanies the 'music'

in the folder. It is claimed to be a long-lost 1981 radio session, but

for which DJ's programme remains unclear. One thing is certain: none

of the sites I have seen featuring this 2001 compilation claim that it

was for Peel. And remember that the Torrents, groundbreaking though

they were (and we will forever be grateful to Dee Dee for uploading

them), contain a lot of errors (as we all know, Radiohead and Soft

Cell never did sessions for JP, but they are here nevertheless).

End of topic?

Best wishes

Steve [Teenage Kicks]