1977 Festive 50 (a billion questions (very slight exaggeration))

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Wed Oct 22 20:59:58 CEST 2008

Peel always played the 12" version of Dancing The Night Away, which has
a lengthy guitar intro before the riff comes in and is around six and a
half minutes in total. I don't recall him ever playing the 7" version.

Althea & Donna's Uptown Top Ranking would have been the 7" single
produced by Joe Gibbs on Lightning Records - unusual for a reggae
single in that - as far as I know - there was no 12" release. And the
record that charted the following year may have been a rerecorded
version.