[peel] 1976 Festive 50 (final scores on the doors)

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Mon Oct 20 22:43:04 CEST 2008

At 17:23 20/10/2008, you wrote:

>"Nowadays 6Music has access to all the BBC Archives but that wasn't
>the situation pre-6Music."
>
>Are you sure this is the case now? I remember not very long ago Marc
>Riley bemonaing the fact that there were certain sessions not
>available to choose for his 'Peel by Request' slot (one of the
>Nirvana ones IIRC, but there may be others)
There are always a few exceptions.   I think Nirvana's sessions have
been broadcast a lot of times since the original broadcasts.  I
suspect what happened was that the record company did a boxed set and
did a deal with the BBC that these sessions would be blocked from
broadcast for a while so it didn't conflict. When a group is signed
to a major label that label does own the rights to all their output
during the period of that contract including radio sessions so they
do have some say

martinw