[peel] "More Music Monday!"

stephen phythian theallnewadventuresofspp@...
Tue Oct 14 11:56:27 CEST 2008

Thanks for all these shows Ken and for the Brambles stuff as well. I 've such a backlog now I don't know when I'll get to hear it but thanks in advance anyway!

--- On Tue, 14/10/08, ken garner <ken_garner@...> wrote:

From: ken garner <ken_garner@...>
Subject: [peel] "More Music Monday!"
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 14 October, 2008, 12:41 AM

...and here at last is my favourite of my Peel show tapes: John on More Music Monday in
January 1988 - the day when daytime DJs were under orders to talk much less, which they
did not like - with the first session by Bob, and a repeat of the Wedding Present Ukrainian
first session, plus loads of groovy records and segues - just listen to that segue from Bob
to James Brown, wow!. And how about Jimmy Bo Horne's forgotten disco classic 'Spank'?
Wonderful mix of indie, african, rap, house, oldies, reggae, RnB, everything. Like the
lunchtime shows, Peel really sticks it to the daytime boys here as to how to put together
what he rightly calls "a rockin' show". Side 1 or part 1 is unedited, but I made two live edits,
with finger on the pause button, in part 2, and I estimate about 20-22 minutes of this show
and possibly 5 or 6 records are missing, all from the second half. One day I'll find out what is
missing. For now, dig it!

Peel 1988-01-18a
http://www.megauplo ad.com/?d= 84862XN8

Peel 1988-01-18b (edit)