[peel] Re: Polvo Sessions

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Sun Oct 12 21:20:01 CEST 2008

Staying with Echo & the Bunnymen, "I Bagsy Yours" from the first Peel session (22.08.79) became "Monkeys" when their debut album emerged.

Dr M.

--- On Sun, 12/10/08, markbursa@... <markbursa@...> wrote:
From: markbursa@... <markbursa@...>
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Polvo Sessions
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 12 October, 2008, 3:49 AM

            Again, off the top of my head...

My Bloody Valentine - Colm's song - became (When you wake) you're still in a dream

Echo & the Bunnymen - All my colours - became Zimbo (and then went back to its original title!)

G Lewis & B C Gilbert (they of Wire) - Anchors Away - became Ends with the Sea

In a reverse of the above scenario, the Cure's Primary becomes an almost completely different song betweenthe session and the release...

Mark