[peel] Happy John Peel Day (mark it with a podcast)

Mark Whitby mark.whitby2@...
Thu Oct 9 11:24:14 CEST 2008

Thanks.  I just hope I can get the local population out to it.  It's a great one for me to put on because I put on The Levellers (before they were renamed Levellers 5 and subsequently Calvin Party) in a pub in Widnes, must have been about twenty years ago.  There were about thirty people in there and they totally shocked everyone.  I was pleased when I asked them about this gig that John Donaldson actually remembered the Widnes gig.  They've been a great band to deal with as well, totally genuine and reasonable about everything.  Really hope I can get a crowd in for them.

Mark W

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ben Harrison
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 9:54 AM
  Subject: Re: [peel] Happy John Peel Day (mark it with a podcast)

  I remember my first thought as I excitedly heard Calvin Party for the first time on the World Service. It was along the lines of 'I bet they didn't imagine people would be hearing this in Singapore!'

  Have great one in Runcorn. Had I the dosh to make it, believe me, I'd be tempted. Our Kuala Lumpur show this weekend is looking sufficiently shakey that drummer's is not even going to bother. Fair do in this context.