[peel] Re: Peel's Record Box

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Sun Oct 5 23:46:54 CEST 2008

> <<Apart from Sipho Bhengu and Dreamland Express, the only other track I
> don't have (like a
> few other people, I think) is "Old Smokie" by The Fireman, which you seem to
> have. Any
> chance of a ripped copy? Digital pic of the label/sleeve as a bonus?
>
> Other ones I couldn't find any artwork for are Al Ferrier, Johnnie Taylor,
> Marc Bolan, Mickie
> Lee Lane, Paul Blake, Ray Martin, Revelino, Sasha Caro, The Factory, The
> Legion Of Super-
> Heroes, The Versatiles/Lee Perry, Yami Bolo.>>

Yeah - I discovered there are two 7" by Firmen on Le Cam, both are numbered
951, one has "Louie's Theme" b/w "Big Swede", the other has "Louie's Theme" b/w
"Old Smokie" - I now have a copy of each, and in fact played "Old Smokie" as
my Peel's Big 45 in my August Show.

Have put an AIFF of "Old Smokie" on my iDisc - mail me offlist if you need
the url!

One day soon, when I get some time, I'll try to remember to photograph the
sleeves / labels and put them up as well.

I am hopeful of getting The Misunderstood 7", but I think the others will be
quite unlikely!

Cheers!

Rocker